Wednesday, October 6, 2010

37 weeks

It's a little late to write this, but I needed to get it written nonetheless.  Here I am at 37 weeks along with pictures of my swollen legs and feet...or as my oldest brother likes to call them, snausages (pronounced like "sausages" but include the "n").  I was extremely uncomfortable that week but determined to make it to my scheduled c-section date of 9/23.  I had a list of "to do" items at work and home and was not going to deliver these boys before that list was completed.





The boys were getting bigger and I was sleeping less.  It seemed like no matter how long I kept my legs elevated, my swelling wouldn't go down.  What can you do when you're going to be uncomfortable no matter what you do?  You go out to eat!  Joey and Laura were going out of town with the kids on Sunday, 9/19 and wouldn't return until 9/24 (the day after the scheduled c-section) so they wanted to go out to eat with us one last time before the boys arrived.  We went to The Cheesecake Factory and enjoyed a delicious meal, followed by a nice browse at Barnes and Noble.  Then we went to their house to visit for a bit.  Here is a "self photo" I took on the way to dinner that evening, followed by the picture Joey took of Laura and me at their house afterwards (the last prego picture of me).  That belly is definitely lopsided!  From this view, Daniel is on the left and Dean is on the right.




That about wraps up the 37th week.  Next will be the 38th week and the delivery of our boys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment